Improvise, Adapt, Overcome. These principles are familiar to many of you. Here are some updates on what we are doing at LC&SA to overcome current challenges. The Board held a special meeting on May 13th to discuss the schedule of club activities and the health and safety of our members. At the meeting, we gathered information and feedback from event organizers. With this input and information, we made some decisions about our upcoming operations.
- IDPA - Will not restart until at least August. The organizers will be reevaluating the situation in July. After review of that information, the Board will provide an update.
- Trap - Planning a restart date of May 31st. An official decision and notification will be made prior to that date.
- Pistol League - We are still looking at options of how to accommodate everyone and do not currently have a start date.
- Precision Pistol - Planning on resuming after restrictions are lifted.
- Multi-Gun - We will resume holding matches utilizing additional safety precautions and distancing procedures beginning with the May 23rd event.
- Spring Youth Archery - Due to the difficulty of implementing safe social distancing guidelines we have made the tough decision to cancel the summer program for this year.
- Kids Day - We have made the difficult decision to cancel this event also in the interest of safety for all involved. This event involves close contact and shared equipment during coaching and demo activities. We do not see any way to maintain safe distancing guidelines during this event.
- Hunters Safety - We are waiting on direction from the DNR on how we are to proceed with the scheduled classes.
This continues to be a time of many unknowns and many difficult decisions. The Board will evaluate additional information on gathering size restrictions when details are available in the near future. At that time, we will determine when to resume General Membership meetings. Also, at the May Board meeting, we will be reevaluating our temporary suspension of the visitor and guest policy and providing you with an update.
Members, we ask that you continue to observe CDC guidelines and social distancing on the club grounds. We also ask that you take responsibility for disinfecting surfaces that you come in contact with during your activity at the club. Our request is that you help us to maintain other club member's health and safety. That way we can all safely overcome the current situation and enjoy our club together again very soon.
Thank you for bearing with us through these difficult times,
The LC&SA Board