The Michigan Hunter Education Safety Program as sanctioned by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources is conducted at LC & SA multiple times a year by our qualified and certified instructors. The IBEP Bow Hunter Safety Certification is now included in our program.
Specific dates and times are posted on the calendar as they become available.
The Hunter Safety Class is held over the two days listed, however, if you take take the class online and need to complete the Field Day portion of the training, please attend only the second day of the LC & SA class as detailed below. Students attending the Field Day class in any of the sessions must have a Pass Certificate from a Michigan DNR approved site in possesion prior to attending the class.
The dates for the Hunter Safety Courses offered at LC & SA are as follows:
- March 21-22, 2020 - (March 22 is the Field Day Class) Class cancelled
- August 8, 2020- (Field Day Class only)
- September 12-13 , 2020 - (Sept. 13 is the Field Day Class)
Registration for upcoming courses is available by filling out the appropriate online registration form accessible by clicking on the links on this page or from the link provided at the LC & SA calendar event. The registration form is only available as classes are scheduled. Each class is limited to sixty(60) students, so register early. Please fill out a separate online registration form for each individual attending the course. You will be automatically registered for the course and your information will be sent to the course instructors. A full list of students registered for the course can be viewed on the respective LC & SA Calendar Event.
Registration closes two days prior to the class!
The official Michigan DNR Student/Parent/Guardian Agreement form can be downloaded at this link. If possible, please fill out this form completely and bring it with you to the class.
Here are some basic details and answers to questions often asked about the LCSA Hunter Safety Course:
- Cost: $10.00 per person.
- Duration & Time: The class typically runs two days; 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m; please plan to arrive at 8:15 a.m. to fill out paperwork etc. on the first day of the course.
- Lunch is provided on both days of the course.
- There is no age limit for attendees, just as long as the younger kids have the attention span and can retain the information provided by the instructors.
Students 10 years of age or younger must be accompanied, at all times, by an parent or adult guardian. (This is a Michigan DNR requirement.)
- Parents are encouraged to attend the entire course with their children.
If you require further details or have question not answered above, please enter them in the 'Remarks' section of our online registration form, and our instructors will answer them for you.